My husband turned 40 today. I took my 4-year-old to the dollar store so should could pick out and pay for gifts all by herself. She chose:
- A Hot-Wheels freezer pack (“for boo-boos, bumps and bruises,” says the package)
- A laminated map of the human digestive system
- A plastic pot of pink polyester flowers
- Some gag glasses (you know, the kind with the plastic nose attached)
- A tub of tutti-fruitti gumdrops shaped like “Os,” because “Daddy likes the letter O” (a fun fact about Daddy I’d never heard before)
She also picked out his card. It’s a Bar Mitzvah card. She can’t read yet, so she doesn’t know that, and she chose it because it had a picture of a guy dancing under a disco ball. She said “That’s Daddy dancing.” Daddy doesn’t dance. We had our wedding reception on a dinner cruise boat to ensure there would be no dancing required.
Sometimes family history is what’s happening right here, right in front of you.
Photo by Mykl Roventine
Get more stuff like this
Don't miss a thing. Subscribe to new posts via email.