How Cold Was It?

How Cold Was It?

by Kerry Scott on 15 November 2010

Did you know that the Farmer’s Almanac website has historical weather data going back to 1946?  You can check out the weather for the day you were born, the day your parents were married, or whenever you want.  It’s a nice way to add a little color to your family history narrative.

NOTE: There was supposed to be a nice long meaty post here today, but I spent all of my blogging time this weekend making changes to my site design rather than writing.  This is the very thing I tell other people not to do, and you probably won’t even notice the changes anyway.  So instead of a substantive post, you get…the weather.  Sorry.  But how gorgeous is that photo?

Photo by Per Ola Wiberg

Carol November 15, 2010 at 9:57 am

If you are like me, my blog, all columns, not just the one with the posts in it, are my scrapbook columns. I don’t scrapbook with paper, I do it here on the net. I tuck tidbits in my “other” columns, rarely get a comment. But, it is satisfying to me, so,

I fuss, I add, I delete, I move things around in the column, I scrapbook the “other” column

BTW, that IS one fab photo!

Cheryl Palmer November 15, 2010 at 12:41 pm

The picture is gorgeous, for sure! I love it!

kristin November 15, 2010 at 1:27 pm

The photo is nice. reminds me of winters in Michigan. My birthday just made it since it was in 1946. I always heard I was born during a thunderstorm but they just said there was some rain or melting snow. In august??

Kerry Scott November 15, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Living in Wisconsin, I can totally imagine rain or melting snow in August. The weather in this part of the country is always an adventure.

kristin November 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I was born in Springfield, Mass so I guess it could happen.

Susan Tiner November 15, 2010 at 2:14 pm

That picture makes me miss snow. So pretty. I just looked up the weather in Iowa on my birth date in February — 11 degrees, windy, with mixed rain and snow. A perfect day to be born.

Greta Koehl November 15, 2010 at 9:06 pm

That’s the problem with blogs. They’re kinda like dolls and it’s fun to change their clothes.

Kerry Scott November 16, 2010 at 6:44 am

Funny…and true!

Yvonne November 16, 2010 at 8:47 am

I’m so glad someone else loves ‘blogger nesting’ as much as I do. I, too, rearrange, add, delete, change. I’m always perfecting :). I love that your site is clean and easy to read with pops of red…perfect!

The photo is magnificent, too!

Kerry Scott November 16, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Thank you (although it looks “clean” because I don’t know what I’m doing in Photoshop, so I just make everything white)