Please Do Not Look At My Blog

Please Do Not Look At My Blog

by Kerry Scott on 26 May 2011

Post image for Please Do Not Look At My Blog

You know how sometimes you go to fix one tiny little thing on your blog, and it snowballs into a huge project where you change everything and you don’t really know what you’re doing and you’re consumed for days and you have to feed your kids food that comes from a box?

That’s where I am. I’m moving some stuff around here, and it’s all goofed up for a bit. You can check out the new bookstore on the near right, and the links to post categories on the far right. However, you probably shouldn’t click on the “You Might Also Like” suggestions at the bottom of this (or any) post. The latter is mixing up my old job hunting advice posts with my more recent genealogy posts. It’s a strange union, and since unemployed people like profanity more than genealogists do, the content is…not the same. Fair warning. Supposedly it takes a couple of days for that plugin to finish indexing things and put together suggested posts that actually make sense. We’ll see.

So bear with me please, and don’t be alarmed if you see broken links or things moving around while you’re reading. I should have everything fixed within a couple of days.

Photo by Sister72

Randy Seaver May 26, 2011 at 11:30 am

I looked. Where’s the nude sunbathers?

Kerry Scott May 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm

*snort*

Debi May 26, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I’m totally buying that Searching on Location book – it’s $.01 on amazon. Wonder how much of that you’ll get? ;-)

Kerry Scott May 26, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Enough to buy…absolutely nothing. (But it’s a handy book, especially for your first research trip)

Susan Tiner May 26, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Ha! Once when I was hiking on a trail near Baker Beach in San Francisco I wandered off on a side trail down to the beach and encountered a bunch of nude men playing volley ball! Hello. I turned right around and walked back up to the main trail.

Kerry Scott May 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm

That’s one good thing about living in Milwaukee; one is extremely unlikely to encounter a group of naked people playing volleyball.

Rondina Muncy May 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm

The operative word there was “should.” I suspect you will regret using that. Now, to sample some your posts from your former life.

Liv May 30, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Hi Kerry, I’m a newbie to genealogy blogging and have been reading and perusing your site for about a month. You have a wonderful and informative place in cyberspace and the “Nude Sunbathers” graphic associated with this post is the perfect visual that piqued my interest for sure (LOL) and much more preferred that the standard “Pardon this Interruption” that most display.

Kerry Scott May 30, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Thank you!

maggie June 13, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love the new page layout and the way you categorized the articles in the sidebar . You really are a genius at the page design ! Inspiration …………

note : just put one up and it’s very rudimentary

Kerry Scott June 14, 2011 at 5:55 am

Thank you! Although there is no genius. The design looks simple because I only know how to do a few things.

Rondina Muncy June 14, 2011 at 8:48 am

Totally agree. A great design. We usually say, “very clean,” but we can say, “very clean and FUN” for this one. The sidebar sucked me into an hour of reading one day. : 0

Kerry Scott June 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Really? Cool!

I have fun picking out photos for the blog. In fact, aside from my lack of skill that leads to “clean,” the other driver of my blog design is that I like pictures. The more pictures I have, the less clever I have to be.